Sunday, April 10, 2016

Reflection on Production Week

This is a post dedicated to my reflection on the work I did throughout this week.

Some Successes? 

Overall, I think that a lot of my production week went very well. A specific success was that I found a lot of very solid articles that were very helpful in writing some of the rough draft. I also had an easy time writing this piece because I found myself very interested in the topic, so I was able to write what I was feeling.

Some Challenges?

I had a specific challenge this week which was creating a hook for my introduction. I wanted to make it perfect so I took a large amount of time just staring at an open, blank screen, waiting for something to magically pop into my head. I also had a hard time making the "history" part of my essay be fun instead of listing a bunch of facts at certain time periods, so I'm still not sure if I totally achieved that.

Next Week?

I feel like next week I will really need to buckle down on editing and making sure that my essay is one that is interesting while still being informative because I think that is something I genuinely struggle with. However, I am also quite confident that next week will go well because I do have a lot of sources piled up that will help me through.

Overall?

As I said before, I feel pretty confident in this project. I am also very hopeful in the fact that I want it to be entertaining but still keep that professionalism that I think a lot of Standard College Essays should have. I also think that this week helped me organize my thought better and had be moving down a path that is easier than first glance.

No comments:

Post a Comment