Sunday, April 17, 2016

Peer Review 12b for Alexander McCarthy

For this post I reviewed Alexander McCarthy's Quick Reference Guide.

Here is his QRG!

Overall, I thought that Alexander's QRG was very detailed and relayed the information quite well because even though I knew nothing about the F-35 or airplanes in general, from reading the QRG I got a deeper understanding. Because of that I will be focusing more on form than content because I really think he did a good job in the content category.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Starting off with just the front page, I would suggest a catchier title, maybe even a funny one with a bolder font to draw the reader in.

2. I would suggest playing with different colors for the subheadings or adding numbered pages and adding like a clipart airplane next to the numbers. I feel like a QRG is often very interactive for the eye, so adding things that will draw the readers attention to certain pieces will make the QRG even more powerful.

3. Lastly, I would also suggest something very specific on the second page, numbering the planes instead of bulleting them, making sure it is clear which picture goes to each one because that was a bit confusing.

I used the 70-73 pages from the student guide about general editing pieces as well as my own knowledge of the form of a QRG because I did one just recently.

From Alexander's QRG I learned the importance of details and creating all sides to a story which is what I will carry over into my own project.

No comments:

Post a Comment