Sunday, April 24, 2016

Peer Review 13b for Tim Wils

This is another peer review specifically Tim Wils' really cool and interesting video essay!

Here is the link to it!

For this post I will be focusing more on form than content. Tim's video essay was overall very solid and I felt like he was very passionate by the topic which came through in the video. I also thought his introduction and concluding scenes and slides were very powerful, connecting the whole thing together.

Some suggestions:

1. Some of the music and clips were either fuzzy or cut off so it was sometimes hard to see them and understand what they were saying. I would suggest finding newer clips and making sure they are full ones so the audio quality is a lot better.

2. This one is minor, but I'm super big on making everything match and I feel like it would have been more powerful if the text was in maybe a comic book for with a solid color scheme to fully tie together all his points.

I used pages 70-73 for overall editing, making sure I was giving good feedback and pages 123-127 again for the video essay conventions and help

I hope these suggestions will help him out because I learned a lot from his video essay as well. I learned the importance of being passionate about your subject and making that come through to the audience because that may determine the power of the video essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment