Saturday, February 20, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

This post is dedicated to analyzing the pronouns that were listed in the last post and their effectiveness.

1. Based on your analysis, how effective is your pronoun usage in Project 1? What does actively examining your pronoun usage tell you about your writing style?

I feel that I don't use too many pronouns because I tend to keep the paper more formal, but I feel that when I do use it, I use it appropriately. I tend to use more pronouns when I'm describing something or addressing the audience to change up the sentence structure and to start each sentence with a different feel.

2. Are there any instances in your project where you speak to or refer directly to the audience? If so, how effective are these moments at creating a bond or connection between audience and author? If not, why not? Explain why you're choosing to leave your audience out of your writing. There's nothing wrong with that, per se, but you should be able to give a sophisticated explanation of your choices.

I address my audience in the beginning of the QRG and the end. I feel like including the audience in the whole piece would make it seem too informal and could create an atmosphere that seems less factual. However, by addressing the audience in the beginning, it draws the reader in, giving them a more personalized feel that makes them feel like they can make their own decisions. Also, by addressing them in the end it leaves them with things to think about and questions to do further research on about what they believe.

"Audience Frontier Fiesta". 1950s via Wikimedia Commons.  Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment