Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assesment

So here we go guys. It's finally the end of this project. We done. We did it. Wow. I don't think my hands have been happier to type before this moment. The moment when I can talk about how I did on this long four week project.

1. How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall. 

I am feeling a mixture of emotions. Probably the biggest one is relief because I have so much more I need to get done tonight. So finishing this at a decent hour is making me a very very happy person. I also feel proud because this is something that I've been working on for a while, so I am proud of myself for working so hard on it. It feels good to submit something you're proud of as well. Another emotion is nervousness as well as to how the grading will go and if I did enough. I feel like I put my best work forward, so having that shot down might hurt a bit, so I am nervous if that happens.

2. What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.

The major weakness that comes to mind for this project was my lack of witty titling and creating a project that was as interesting as it was factual. I am not a witty person no matter how hard I try so titles are a definite struggle bus for me that I can never get off of. I feel like in some places I made the facts interesting, but in others I feel like I mostly told facts as facts and not in a story-like way.

3. What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.

Some strengths for this project include my conventions for a QRG and my descriptions for the setting and main steak holders being descriptive and interesting. I think that my QRG gave the reader an active environment to read through the conventions of a QRG. Furthermore, I feel like I created a unique description for the setting and telling of the main event that made for an interesting read.

4. What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails.... 

I can honestly say that in the beginning of the project my time management skills were crap. I was definitely a procrastinator for the first two weeks, completing all my blog posts on Saturday and Sunday. However, for these last two weeks I 'got my head in the game' (High School Musical Reference) and created a beautiful QRG that I am very proud of!

"Spongebob Squarepants gif" Via Giphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment