Sunday, March 27, 2016

Peer Review 9b

This is my second post dedicated to a peer review of a person in a different class

I decided to review Ben Macklin's Quick Reference Guide because I previously did a Quick Reference Guide, so I felt I could help out!

Here is where you can check out his QRG.

Firstly, I want to say that your content seems to be very well detailed and thought out. I think that if you added small elements of design, the QRG would really come to life, thats why I chose to do a copy-editing suggestion, specifically focusing on adding design elements.

Here are some suggestions:

1.Since your QRG is "Tips for Beginners", you should include that in your design elements, maybe adding colored text boxes on the side that say "Tip #1.....etc.." with some useful information that could make the designs connect together.

2. Adding color in general is something that I would also recommend. That could be in the form of pictures or making your headings match a theme color throughout the QRG.

3. Finally I think that you could also make your sub headings and headings in general stand out even more by making them bigger or, again, a different color.

When peer reviewing, I used the genre examples given for the Quick Reference Guide as well as the Student's guide to First-Year Writing pages 70-73 to elevate my peer review feedback.

From Ben, I think I learned the power of a good title. I feel like he had a really great title that made me want to read further!

No comments:

Post a Comment