Friday, March 11, 2016

Another Honest Assessment of my Time

Here is another honest assessment of this Production Week!


Some Successes

This week was one of those weeks that was neither really successful or really terrible. I found that actually recording the podcast was a successful event because I took the time to plan out the outline, so when I was writing the script and recording it it seemed to come naturally. I was really happy that this happened because all my mind was thinking about was spring break!

Another success was that I was able to make a rough draft that is pretty much complete so that next week I would just need to edit some of the material based on the reviews I get from my peers. I also did it in garage band, so the editing process for next week should also go smoothly.

Some Challenges

A big challenge of mine was time management because even though I thought I would follow the schedule, I ended up doing all of the podcast yesterday because I needed to finish it today. So, tonight I am scrambling to complete the blog posts tonight among my large amounts of other homework that are also due in the upcoming week.

Another challenge was the beginnings of figuring out garage band. I didn't factor in the time I needed to actually understand everything garageband could do, so that took a large chuck of time when I could be recording the podcast

Next Week?

As I mentioned previously I feel that next week will be running more smoothly because eI now understand garage band and I feel like editing the material will work out better. I am also happy that the big lead of work is behind be so I feel next weeks material will be more manageable than this week.

Feelings Overall:

I honestly feel good about this project at this point, I definitely could have managed my time better this week, but once I got the finished product I felt very good about it. I worked very hard on this project and tried to put my best efforts into the rough draft so when I started the work for the next week, I would have a good foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment