Friday, May 6, 2016

Editorial Report 15a

This post is an edited version of the rough draft that I completed last week.

Here is the rough cut:

Hello guys! How we doing today? I saw the cutest little puppy the other day. His paws were so small and cute and he kept trying to bite my hair! Cue really cute picture of the puppy.
*Show Puppy picture*
Anyways, today I'm going to talk about something more serious: my writing process throughout these past couple of weeks. A little back story, I've been taking a 109H English course where we picked a genre and a topic every couple of weeks. The first week I did a QRG on the controversial issue of the over vaccination of dogs, the second week was a podcast on the work created in the vet science field, the third week was a regular old essay about the new Barbie's Mattel came out with, and now we are here. A video essay, reflecting on my writing process. 

Here is the edited cut:



1.     How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
As far as my content goes, I added more details to the beginning of the video such as the title and who it was by. I also made sure to add background of what I was doing even making the video essay itself.
2.    How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

Obviously the form changed greatly because it is now an actual video. I added multiple things to bulk up the form including pictures, fun music, and my face which made the video essay become more of a video essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment