Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

Now that I've chosen my topic and have done heavy research, it is time to choose my genre!

I have decided and am now committing to the Quick Reference Guide (QRG)! I think that the QRG will work perfectly for this project because I think the organization of it fits perfectly with a controversy. I will be able to put out all sides of the story in an organized fashion and I think it will also be most engaging to my audience.

The genre conventions I plan on developing are being objective throughout the process, using a lot of hyperlinks to lead the reader to other sources to expand their thinking, use pictures and charts to keep interest, and overall be very informative to get all points across.

I feel much better about Project 1 and this genre than I did in the first two weeks. I am anticipating a hard time being 100% unbiased because I find myself to be a very opinionated person, so limiting my own thoughts will be hard. I am also coming to accept the difficulty of time management, in that, I need to be able to do things throughout the week at a manageable pace. However, my nerves have grown into excitement and I am ready to start making a beautiful QRG!

"The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"July 2009 via Wikimedia Commons.  Public Domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment